I’ve been recognized and labelled as a “versatile blogger” by Rachel Ann over at Start With Sparkles. Thank you, Rachel! Some people view a blog that has no particular niche a mess, unworthy of acknowledgment; however, by definition “versatile” is in fact a great talent. So now I’ve got to come up with seven clever things to reveal about myself while proving I am indeed versatile. Oh, Rachel, I do hope I live up to your expectations!
1. I love those games that were flying across the walls of Facebook in 2009-2010, it is what got me addicted to the website and, honestly, I miss them. Now I have to entertain myself with “click” games, which is so mind-numbing not to mention socially isolating.
2. I am a Days of Our Lives addict. I admit it. I have seen almost every episode since I was 15 years old… that’s 31 years for those of you counting. A lot of people say nothing ever happens on soap operas and that if you missed a day or a week you wouldn’t miss anything. However I have always noticed that if miss a day I am always confused about what is going on when I find my way back. And I am pretty sure it’s not a case of me being dumb. Maybe I pay more attention than the average viewer and so I notice the minute changes of story or perhaps it’s just that the days that I have missed are coincidentally the most important episode of the year, but I doubt it. I am glad that NBC allows me to view episodes after they have aired. Now I don’t have to be confused.
3. I am enjoying learning the art of writing a story. It amazes me just how easily it comes once I figure out the first sentence or two. Memee’s Supershort Stories
4. I hate talking politics. In fact I hate it so much I am not going to go into the reasons why for fear people will want to begin arguing with me and each other in the comment section. Sorry I mentioned it.
5. I live for love yet I feel that romantic love has alluded me thus far.
6. In the 70s I was a child model for the mega-chain Montgomery Wards and that began a lifelong relationship in the modeling industry both in front of the camera and behind the scenes.
7. And just to prove all models aren’t dumb I will include the fact that I was a professional court reporter for ten years.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. It’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you cannot figure that out, go to their nomination post and thank them personally.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly who you deem as versatile and excellent in their writing and nominate/award them with the Versatile Blogger Award. It is good practice to let them know of your nomination on their about page.
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself. The person who nominated you probably wants to learn more about you and so do your regular followers.
And so it is that I shed the cloak of Blogger Without Purpose and proudly don my Versatile Blogger sash and announce my nominations for the Versatile Blogger award.
It has taken me 3 months to complete this post since my own nomination because I am very choosy in my nominating process — Thank you Rachel Ann for your patience with me! I want to nominate for you my readers and minions, only the very best that I find out there. And with this one, versatility was an additional layer of choosyness! And if that wasn’t enough, I wanted to be sure they hadn’t already received this award. Anyhow, these are the people who are relatively new to me and, in my humble opinion, excellent versatile bloggers, the best of the best, the cream of the crop! Check each of them out, I’m sure you’ll find a new favorite amongst them. (And yes, I am crossing my fingers that some of the newest of newbies are still actively blogging. Two of my nominees have become “award free” and three of them have, since I placed them on my list, received this award from another. But I’m not going backward. Everyone remains in position and on my list. If I rubbed those people out, we’d likely never get to this point of published acceptance!)
Oh, and guess what, nominees: There’s an added bonus to winning this award: There is an entire blog dedicated to it and you can link your acceptance post to it and even more people will learn of your versatility and choose to visit your blog! How’s that for an added bonus? Oh, and did I mention, you can go there to choose your own trophy if you don’t want the green one I picked out and attached to this post! It’s true even the badge is versatile: Everything VBA