Women have, for so long, used this quote when facing the uncomfortable truth that they have ignored relationship red flags. Women have used for so long this quote to support other women who are making a hard decision to leave an abusive partner. As women we find strength, truth, and understanding in these wise words by the remarkably wise woman, the poet Maya Angelou.
It is not my intention to turn this blog into a platform for political debate or discussion. It has always been a place where I place my thoughts. Thoughts that need to be purged and thoughts that I want to remember. So, right now it is reflecting election stuff and I hope that you, my lovely minions, will continue to visit me and like me despite any varying viewpoints we may have. #IStillLoveYou #IStillRespectYou
I have been very troubled by the outcome of this election. I am a person who is filled with love and kindness, tenderness and compassion. And, as many humans do, I tend to think most people are similar to me and therefore I believed it would be impossible for a man filled with so much hate and venom, a man who enjoyed stirring the pot and riling people up, enjoyed inciting and igniting their angers and fears to ever become our president. He does not represent my values. And every night as I sleep I am haunted by the outcome. Last night was interesting. Last night I dreamt that I was watching a breaking news story, that President-Elect Trump, having had no idea of the scope of the presidential job, announced that he would not be taking the job. And now, as a result of our not having a president-elect, President Bill Clinton would be remaining in office for another 2 years as we go through a new presidential election.
Dreams are weird aren’t they? Anyway, back to my quote. I have heard and even continue to hear people say that Trump was putting on a show to gain supporters and that is not who he really is. That now that he has won the election his true colors will shine through and we will discover that he is in fact none of what we saw reflected over the course of the 2 years, plus, that he has been in our eyes and ears spouting his viewpoints. But I say look at his past, look at all of the history of behavior, all of it, decades and decades worth. He is exactly who he was during the campaign and if that is not enough to persuade you, look at the people he is surrounding himself, look at his posse of friends who he is placing into key positions in our government. Wake up, America! We have some serious trouble in our future. It’s time to start educating yourselves for survival because this America that we have known and loved and been blessed to grow up in, it’s going to be changing and it may never be the same again.
There, that’s the end of my rant. Love thy neighbor as you would love yourself. Hate is a dangerous thing. I do not hate this man. But I am very, very weary of him and fear what we will suffer, each and every one of us.
☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀
If you’d like to play Words Crush Wednesday along with me here are the details:
Cut/paste and follow these 3 simple rules:
(1) Always pingback to the site you discovered #wcw on with every Words Crush Wednesday post. In this case, that’s me: memeesmusings.com!
(2) In your post, use the badge they’ve created just for you – In this case, you’d use the Panda badge (size doesn’t matter), just grab it below.
(3) Tag your post #wcw so the Words Crush Wednesday community players can find you.
(4) Optional: When you are ready, create your own badge for those you inspire to play Words Crush Wednesday. If you do not create your own badge then your inspirees MUST use the badge from the blogger who inspired you — it’s on your post — so be sure to make it easy for them to find. (P.S. I create all of my graphics on Canva.)
If you wanna play #wcw with me, grab that panda badge!
* To see the badge I earned, visit my very first #WCW post. And, here’s my pingback: Rebirth of Lisa