Sandman Jazz queries and my responses
CAN YOU FILL THIS OUT WITHOUT LYING? Link back to Sandman’s post with a pingback if you opt to play.
- What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
- Worst physical pain you’ve suffered?
- Favourite place you’ve been?
- How late did you stay up last night?
- If you could move somewhere else where would it be?
- Last holiday you went on?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What’s your favourite season?
- If you could have any career, what would you do?
- What was the last book you read?
- If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be?
- Are you a good influence?
- Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
- You have the remote, what channel do you choose?
- Last concert you attended?
- Favourite food?
First I’d like to say, why would I lie? The questions are not at all intimate, and even if they were I have a certain amount of real like anonymity as well as the option to not even respond. Though I suppose the “without lying” does catch people’s attention and makes them want to read the questions. So I suppose it was a clever way to catch our attention, have us read his blog, and then ping back to him. Well done Jazz Man, well done!
1. The last thing I put into my mouth was my nightly medications washed down the pipe with La Croix Tangerine Water. Maybe not the best combination to put together, but it was handily nearby and did the trick!
2. The worst physical pain I suffered was giving birth without medications, hypnosis, or being surrounded by water. Baby boy came too fast for any of the preparations I’d planned for.
3. My favorite place to have visited was Santorini, Greece. A gorgeous island with amazing blue waters and American breakfasts!
4. Last night I stayed up until 6 AM. I was on a manic cycle and prior to that had not slept since Friday. I’ve come back down and am feeling balanced. Though, it is, as I type this answer, 5 minutes to Thursday, so we’ll see whether or not I am truly ready for a normal sleeping pattern again.
5. I was raised in Northern California and if I were to live anywhere other than here, it would be somewhere down there.
6. The last ‘holiday’ I went on was a trip to Northern California to see a lifelong friend for a week. It was very pleasant and I had a jolly good time.
7. I had my most recent cry in September 2019. It began in the evening around seven or so, shortly after dinner anyway. And the next day when I woke up, I still had tears running down my face. I am pretty sure I had let crying jags for a week or two thereafter and then it just kinda morphed into silent depression.
8. My favorite season is summer, when the sun is shining my spirit feels uplifted!
9. Ah, well this is easy. Before becoming disabled I had a career as a court reporter. Maybe you call us Stenographers over on the other side of the pond? I loved it and have missed it every day since walking away.
10. Well, the last book I physically read was not so good. I am however someone who cannot not finish a book I’ve begun. It was Book 2 in the Magical Kingdom series by Terry Brooks. I disliked the book so much that I will not read the remaining books from that series. Anyway, it was entitled The Black Unicorn.
Since the lockdown, I have moved on to listening to audiobooks that I can check out from my library using the app Libby. I am really enjoying it. The voice actors are tremendously gifted and I find that I am retaining it better than if I were reading it myself! So, when all of this is over and we are able to return to libraries, book stores, and the like, I think I will likely keep on with the audiobooks. It will have become one of the changes to remain with me.
11. It’s hard to choose just one person to talk to. I’d love to talk to my dad and my grandmother, but they have both moved on. I have been talking to my son but the quality isn’t what I’d like it to be. If I could have the conversation at the quality I would like, I would choose him. We are still working through the He is an adult now stage of relationship-morphing.
12. Am I a good influence? Yes. And no. It depends on what I am influencing. Do I have a good work ethic? Yes. Am I a motivated house cleaner? No. Am I kind and loving to people I know and do not know? Yes. Am I kind and loving toward myself? Not really. I am a work in progress and I think everyone who answers this question truthfully would have a similar answer.
13. Pineapple on Pizza? Oh hell yeah! Double pineapple, please! Pineapple is always served best warm!
14. When I have the remote I choose Netflix, Chromecast, NBC, and MSNBC. But mostly, it’s Netflix.
15. The last concert I attended was a long, long time ago. A girlfriend had a spare ticket to see Marc Anthony, so I joined her. I knew only 2 of the songs, but they were songs I liked and I had a good time.
16. My favorite food is a bean and cheese burrito with melted cheddar on top and slathered with sour cream and guacamole! Yum, yum!
The wonderful photograph of Santorini and her bright blue waters was taken by Alex Azabache and acquired through Unsplash. It’s a great source for free photos under the Creative Commons Zero license, so check it out!
© MemeesMusings/B.L. Memee, 2020. All rights reserved.