Tomorrow is white
a clean slate
that I eagerly await
with trepid silence
I will walk
© MemeesMusings/B.L. Memee, 2015-2017. All rights reserved.
☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ It’s not yet too late to join the linky party! ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀
I am a total beginner at poetry and created Memee’s Poetry Parties in an attempt to challenge myself (or more accurately force myself to be challenged) at this form of writing. It does not come easily to me at all. If you enjoy poetry and want to give a poke at it, I encourage you to join my monthly poetry party, whether you’re brand new to poetry and writing or a veteran writer we all learn from and appreciate one another. It is my hope that we will all find inspiration and encouragement, and make lasting friendships while growing our writing skills and our blogs.
So if you liked my poem I hope you’ll consider joining this month’s linky party: New Beginnings.
Please tag your post with #newbeginnings and #memeespoetryparties.
And don’t forget to pick up your participation badge here!
Here’s a Video.
Or if you prefer infographics, go to this post.
*(If you don’t know PST just Google “What time is it now in PST?” and calculate against your time zone)
So we are now four days away from Christmas and it’s happened, I’m no longer a Grinch! I am feelin’ enthused, excited, and exhilarated about the future. Thank you, Lord, for guiding me through all of the struggles of the past 4 months and the entire year:
- Jan. 2014: Excited for the new year. The number 14, being my lucky number, I just knew this would be my year!
- Feb. 2014: My friend, Gina murdered by her 16-year-old son.
- Mar. 2014: Uneventful. Nothing good, but nothing really bad either… regular ups-and-downs of being me.
- Apr. & May 2014: Mid-life Crisis: I’M GETTING OLD! My life is at least half over… IF I’m Lucky (and I’ve never been lucky*).
- June 2014: I turned 45 years old… GROWN & GROAN! Dream vacation with my Honey; sucked. I felt lonely and abandoned — obviously I chose to ignore these big RED FLAGS waving in my face.
- July 2014: Beginning to recuperate from mid-life crisis. Things are finally starting to turn around, thank goodness!
- August 12, 2014: “You” send me a Dear Joan text instead of showing up for an important date. I lash out on facebook, tagging all your family members, co-workers, and our mutual friends. (I take it off an hour later but continue to purge you with my sword-pen… even though I do not send you the finalized copy of the letter Entitled: Scorned Woman Lashes Out on Facebook.)
- Sept 25, 2014: My daddy dies unexpectedly.
- Oct. 25, 2014: “You” marry someone else.
- Oct.31, 2014: Halloween, our 13-year anniversary as a couple.
- Nov. 2014: There’s little to feel grateful for.
- Dec. 25, 2014: Three month anniversary of my daddy’s death.
It has been a hard, hard year, Lord, but you’re helping me through it one moment at a time. I am so grateful for your love, guidance, security and stability.
And yesterday, Saturday, Dec. 20, 2014, my Christmas Miracle began. I hadn’t seen it coming. I had only known that I didn’t want it to be Christmastime; I didn’t want to celebrate the end of a year of personal tragedies. And I most certainly didn’t feel ready for my life to move on or think about a life without those loved ones I have lost.
Memee, what? What was your Miracle? Continue reading