Pets come in all shapes and sizes and personalities. Some of us have a favorite while others define their homes as a zoo. All I know is that the make life so much richer. I cannot imagine life without a pet by my side. Families who don’t have pets are confusing to me. I just don’t understand why people would want to deprive their children of the wonderful unconditional love and friendship that a pet can give, not to mention all we learn from them by being witness to their lives.
And so this month, in honor of my best friend, Forest, who has been sick this past week with his first episode of Canine Vestibular Disease, I am asking that you focus your poetry this month on your pets and that special relationship you share with them.
Submission deadline is Sunday, April 24th, 2016 at 23:55 PST.
Voting opens at 00:05 PST on Monday, April 25th and ends on Saturday, April 30th at 23:55 PST.*
MEMEE’S POETRY PARTY RULES OF CONDUCT:
1. No naughty thumbnail pictures. (This will disqualify you.)
2. Submit the URL address to your relevant original poem.
3. Please try to visit at least two party guests, leave them a nice compliment or begin a friendly discussion with them. It’s a party: Mingle, people, mingle!
4. This party’s unique hashtag is #pets, use it. Link back to me and, of course, if you tweet me, I’ll tweet you… tweet, tweet! (Even if you don’t have a twitter account please use the hashtag as a blog tag.)
5. Let your followers know that you’re partying at Memee’s Musings and they’re invited to drop in and join the party! Just give them this direct link: http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=625302 or send them to the Current Party tab to read this post https://memeesmusings.com/category/current-party/.
Spreading the word about your linking up is also the perfect excuse to show off your participation badge! Because I do not vote it is important that you participate in promoting the event. The more word of mouth the more activity and the greater the traffic impact on everyone’s website. Also, remember, once we start hitting 100 bloggers linking up then tangible, in-your-hand prizes will be awarded to the winners along with their trophy and bragging rights. So challenge your fellow poets to party with us and solicit your followers to read all of the poems and vote their favorite (while the voting window is open).
Collect your participation badge and find more answers at: Memee’s Poetry Parties.
Here’s a Video.
Or if you prefer infographics, go to this post.
*(If you don’t know PST just Google “What time is it now in PST?” and calculate against your time zone)