Well, I’ve gone and stepped in it again. It is another award with lots of fun-filled questions for me to answer, questions for me to devise and ask of other bloggers… Yep, that’s right, it’s the Liebster Award (part deux).
Thanks goes out to Liz in Sweden for the opportunity to share more of myself with all of you! And hopefully this time it won’t take me 2 weeks to complete despite the broken elbow!
What’s your favorite way to pass time? What do you enjoy most?
My favorite, like my favorite favorite? Uh, making love with my honey-baby-sweetheart, of course. Not the blunt, straight-up answer you were expecting, was it?
Describe your personality with only one word.
What’s been the most important/transformative moment in your life during the past year?
I quit my job, moved a thousand miles away from home and into a home with a young married couple, 2 children, 2 cats, 2 kittens and 3 dogs as I return to school.
What is standing between you and happiness?
Me. But everyday I am stretching my internal bindings and finding more treasure within myself than I ever imagine existing within me.
What (or who) are you most grateful for?
I am most grateful for my son. Although he turns 21 this month and no longer views me as the Be All and End All of his world my unending love for him enriches every moment of my life.
Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but have never done before?
Be the bride.
Yes, I suffer from Always the Bridesmaid syndrome. I am not looking for a husband and truly, at this point, if I ever do marry I am not sure I want to live with my future husband. I do not want to take care of another human being due to proximity, social expectation, or “duty.” I do however long for a man to stand up publicly and tell everyone in his world that I am the one that makes every moment of life”s struggles worth it. And, who am I kidding, I want the party, the dress, the focus and attention. Wow, this sounds very narcissistic but honestly, I always give everything of myself to everybody and anybody. I just feel like I am finally finding my own way and don’t want to lose me again.
What is the most important/most meaningful thing in life?
Love, relationships and faith. Those three things make up our purpose in this life.
In one sentence share your wish for your personal future.
My ideal future features me in a lucrative career that allows me to enjoy warm summer nights relishing in the deep, bonded connections I will share with my love, my son and his future family.
Where do you find your inspiration + motivation?
God feeds me and keeps me nourished. Without Him I was withering away. Acknowledging that I had put our relationship on the back burner and striving to renew His spirit within me has strengthened and healed me allowing me to grow greater within my own spirit in every aspect of my life.
What is your motto in life?
Yes, girl, you can!
So now that you’ve read all of that, if you can’t get enough of me you can learn more reading the questions posed to me in my first Liebster award.
My 11 Random Questions to nominees Are:
1. Do you believe in ghosts and if so have you seen any?
2. What animals, if any, do you currently reside with. Names too please!
3. Tell me, what is your favorite nickname and why?
4. Is there anyone that you would step in front of a train for? If yes, who is it?
5. Can you wiggle your ears?
6. Do you brush your teeth in the shower?
7. Why do you think drinking water from a bottle is a good idea?
8. Have you ever eaten anything that sounds gross but wasn’t?
9. Do you ever talk or walk in your sleep?
10. Are you easy to read?
11. Is there someone important to you that suffers from a mental illness (yourself included)?
Liebster is supposed to be for new bloggers, but I think if it’s new to me or new to you, it counts! And truly, if they do not want to participate it is okay by me. Really all I want is to share them with all of you! However, if they do accept the award, answer the questions and pay it forward all the more reward for me!
1. Daisy is a fellow “sufferer” and advocate of mental health. She is brand new to blogging so head over and show her how wonderfully inviting the blogging community can be. Daisy in the Willows
2. Yinglan participates in a lot of writing prompts and it is always fun to watch as someone’s skills grow and develop. Lately I have found that I am gravitating toward reading fiction pieces more than opinion posts. If you like fiction too or want to challenge yourself to write stories, as I am learning to do, visit Yinglan at her blog, A Simple Life.
3. I recently discovered the wonderful prompting blog — because of Yinglan — entitled: Mind Love Misery Menagerie every aspiring writer should definately check this blog out! It is hosted by 7 different individuals posting prompts with 7 different genres… that’s a new challenge every day of the week. I am going to be watch Yves and Rose to see what imaginative rumblings they’ll spark in me.
4. I’ve been following Little Calico’s Journal for a while now. Honestly, just visiting her home page is enough to put a smile on my face (each and every time). Yen is a poet. Poets are a special breed of writers that I cannot quiet define. I marvel at their ability to spin words into artful creations.
5. This nomination came about unexpectedly just this moment. I happened to stumble upon the blog From the Sticks to the Bricks and Back Again and discovered a clever feature Lynne invited over from Twitter… why had no one thought of it before? #FF or Following Friday now has a home on WordPress! I love sharing my blogging finds with others (as I mentioned above, that’s really what this nomination process is about for me, sharing them with you! I am going to enjoy following this blog and discovering new blogs to follow through her #FF posts!
I am posting the Liebster infographic below explaining the official rules for Liebster, do with it as you will. I usually adapt blogging rules to suit my desires and so can you!