This month’s Poetry challenge linky party, #OdetoChristmasCharacters has begun. You really mustn’t be surprised that this month I would have a holiday-themed poetry challenge awaiting you! I mean, who doesn’t love Santa Claus, Rudolph and Frosty? A lot of people even love the unloveable Grinch. Am I right?
Choose a Christmas character (Krampus counts) to create a poem around. If additional characters find their way into your piece, that’s fine, just try to make one character the primary focus.
This month’s unique party hashtag for your posts is #OdetoChristmasCharacters.
Submission deadline is Tuesday, December 22nd at 24:55 PST.
Voting opens at 00:05 PST on December 23rd and ends on New Year’s Eve, December 31st, 2015, at 23:55 PST.*
*(If you don’t know PST just Google “What time is it now in PST?” and calculate against your time zone)
MEMEE’S POETRY PARTY RULES OF CONDUCT:
1. No naughty pictures. (This will disqualify you.)
2. Submit the URL address to your relevant original poem.
3. Please try to visit at least two party guests, leave them a nice compliment or begin a friendly discussion with them. Mingle, people, mingle!
4. This party’s unique hashtag is #OdetoChristmasCharacters, use it. Link back to me and, of course, if you tweet me, I’ll tweet you… tweet, tweet! (Even if you don’t have a twitter account please use the hashtag as a blog tag.)
5. Let your followers know that you’re partying at Memee’s Musings and they’re invited to drop in and join the party! It’s a perfect excuse to use your participation badge! Because I do not vote it is important that you participate in promoting the event. The more word of mouth the more activity and the greater the impact on your website. So challenge your fellow poets to party with us and solicit your followers to read all of the poems and vote their favorite (while the voting window is open).
Collect your participation badge and find more answers at: Memee’s Poetry Parties.
Have fun and happy, happy holidays to each and every one of you!
Collage created by Memee’s Musings, 2015
Santa created by Recon Cycles; Rudolph: ClipArtBest.com; Frosty: All-Free-Download.com