Caring and Compassionate
Lady of Liberties
Indiscriminate and Independant
Tenacious yet Tactful
Uncouth, Unapologetic, Un-American
Misogynistic Millionaire Megalomaniac
This month’s Poetry Party theme is Politics! Whether you agree or disagree with my perspective I encourage you to participate! The more we share with one another, the better we know and understand one another. And although I do not vote and cannot win I never put forward a poetry challenge without requiring myself to participate. So please accept my poem for what it is… my feelings based on my life experiences, biases and perspectives just as your life experiences, biases, and perspectives aid you in determining your viewpoint on any given topic. Below you will find the important dates and the submission link for #NewEra Poetry or, to learn more, click the previously given link.
Submission deadline is Tuesday, January 24th, 2017, at 23:55 PST. Submit now!
Voting opens at 00:05 PST on Wednesday, January 25th and ends on Tuesday, January 31sh at 23:55 PST.*
Well, here we are just a day away from completing the first week of this new year, 2016! So far I’d say my year is working out pretty well. I really hope yours is as well.
Words Crush Wednesday is still on the menu for 2016 and with this first Wednesday of the year I give a quote by American country singer, Brad Paisley:
It does not matter that today is not January first. Each day is a new day and can be the beginning of a new 365-day cycle. So make the most of it and always try to create the best regardless of the circumstances surrounding you.
☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀
I hope you enjoyed the relevant quote for this week’s Words Crush Wednesday. If you’d like to play along with me here are the details:
Cut/paste and follow these simple rules:
(1) Always pingback to the site you discovered #wcw on with every Words Crush Wednesday post. In this case, that’s me: memeesmusings.com!
(2) In your post, use the badge they’ve created just for you – In this case, you’d use the Panda badge (size doesn’t matter), just grab it below.
(3) Tag your post #wcw so the Words Crush Wednesday community players can find you.
(4) Optional: When you are ready, create your own badge for those you inspire to play Words Crush Wednesday. If you do not create your own badge then your inspirees MUST use the badge from the blogger who inspired you — it’s on your post — so be sure to make it easy for them to find.
If you wanna play #wcw with me, grab that panda badge!
Confusion. It is such a part of our everyday lives. We are confused by our emotions. We are confused by other people’s actions. We are confused by internal conflicts over right and wrong as well as conflicting societal messages. Even those things with a steadfast, never changing result can confuse us.
Or is it just me?
If you’d like to play along in Words Crush Wednesday (#wcw) just cut/paste and follow these simple rules:
(1) Pingback to the site you discovered #wcw on with every Words Crush Wednesday post. In this case, that’s me: memeesmusings.com! (you’ll want to switch out my name for yours)
(2) Use the badge they’ve created just for you – size doesn’t matter
(3) Tag your post #wcw so other players can find you
(4) Optional: When you are ready, create your own badge for those you inspire to play Words Crush Wednesday. If you do not create your own badge then your inspirees MUST use the badge from the blogger who inspired you, so be sure to make it easy for them to find.
That’s so super simple, you just might want to do it too!
The linky party that challenges poets on a new theme every month has begun for October. You can always find your way to the current party at the link provided in my menus entitled — What else? — current party (if you are viewing the menus at the top of my blog it’ll show itself by hovering your cursor over Memee’s Poetry Parties, which by the way has all of the answers for all of the questions ever asked about my linky party, shows a listing of all the rules, a listing of all the past parties, and features the participation badge you earn just by submitting your poem!
Have you participated in the past? Will this be your first submission? Here’s your badge:
Thank you for partying with Memee! Invite your followers to enjoy the fun by displaying this participation badge on your site. Place it anywhere, a sidebar, your About page, or the posts challenging others to join you. Make it visible!
*You’ve earned it, wear it well! Please resize and use it in whatever means suits your needs. It’s about pride, recognition, expanding the challenge and supporting all the participants by getting new eyes on their poetry by sharing the linkup with everyone who follows you.
As September was Suicide Prevention Month and our family lost someone the last week of August to suicide I felt that we should explore this topic with our poetry. Writing heals. And talking, sharing our thoughts with others keeps things from becoming taboo subjects. If we talk about it then perhaps people who are feeling hopeless and lost and are thinking of suicide may find the courage to speak up and ask for help. I know that if our loved one had shared his feelings we would have done whatever we could to help him to heal and perhaps we could have saved his life. And so the #ASKFORHELP Poetry Party came into being.
Dear Reflection was voted favorite poem from this very challenging theme. So take a read and head over to author and poet Laura A Lord’s website and give her some feedback. And tell her Memee sent you! Continue reading →